I have a bit of a shameful confession to make. I don’t know a lot about SEO.
It’s really been just laziness on my part, or maybe I’ve just been super busy with other things. The thing is, as a blogger, you don’t have to worry that much about SEO. Your blog, in and of itself, naturally does things that Google likes, so you probably will have decent SEO above a traditional website simply by having a blog.
Having said that, there is so much to learn, and so much you can do to help to further boost your blog’s Google Ranking and Search Engine Optimization.
That’s why I’m starting a new series: SEO For Bloggers (#SEO4Bloggers)
The ever-changing world of Google Algorithms can be confusing at best, and incredibly intimidating. Probably another reason why I never delved that deep into it. So, together, over the next few weeks, we are going to have a look at:
- What factors influence your Google Ranking?
- Keywords: how to choose them, what ones are the best.
- Metatags: do people still do that? And do they work?
- Images: how can the images I use on my blog affect my SEO?
- Linking: Linking out, getting backlinks… what the heck??
- Tips and Tricks for increasing your SEO.
- WordPress plugins that will help you to better manage/increase your SEO.
- Buying PPC ads.
- How can I write blog posts that don’t sound like a robot wrote them, because they are SEO optimized?
Seriously. How much fun is this going to be? BIG fun, that’s how much!
If you are already subscribed to my blog’s RSS Feed either through a reader or through email, you’ll get the series automatically as part of your subscription.
If you aren’t, you can:
- Subscribe to my blog’s RSS
- Subscribe to my blog’s RSS via email
- Subscribe ONLY to the SEO4Bloggers series via email here:
We’ll get started next week!